Thursday, April 19, 2012

Taking the Plunge

I'm starting this blog with some trepidation. I've played with the idea for a couple weeks, and while it sounds fun to use the superb ideas and inspirations from pinterest and apply them to my life; it's quite another thing to write it down and be potentially held accountable in my journey by friends, family and even strangers.

I'll clarify from the get-go, that I don't think a website can make you better or worse...but rather what you do with that website. For example if I wasted copious amounts of time on Pinterest and never did anything...then I'd be the worse for it. If I take the ideas and use them to explore and develop my interest, talents and passions, then I'll be the better for it.

My goal is to improve my and my family's quality of life. The areas in which I could use the most help are:
  1. Organization and Cleaning
  2. Cooking
  3. Fitness
  4. Toddler - education and activities

I'd also like to use my rare free time to pursue the things I enjoy. Such as:

  1. Painting/Sketching
  2. Crafting
  3. Gardening

I will now go about the house and garden taking 'before' pics...and as I journey through this year of pinterest, we shall see what improvements occur. My goal is to post at least twice a week. Each time with a project or completed task that was inspired or enhanced by pinterest.

Wish me luck!