Thursday, May 17, 2012

Design Team Tryouts Part 1

So, I have wonderfully exciting news...I made the Cropchocolate.com Design Team!  Which is fabulous because 99% of the scrapping supplies I buy are from their site.  I'm so honored and excited to help showcase their products.  As part of the tryout process we had to submit a couple of projects, so I'd like to share those with you. 

The first project I did, were two mini albums out of one package of Echo Park paper.  The collection is called Country Drive and it just makes you HAPPY.  It's colors are vibrant and fresh and the patterns lend themselves to all manner of subjects: Summer, Spring, kids, road trips, garden work, family or friends. 

The covers are made out of plain chipboard, cut to 4.5 x 5.5 inches and covered with EP paper from the same package.  I then bound the mini with the Zutter BIA (a recent acquisition I absolutely LOVE).

Each album has three pages, and each page is made with a 12x12 piece of paper that's cut, scored and glued in such a way as to allow for four tags and one two pic fold-out per page!  This offers tons of real estate for pics and journaling.  I can't wait to fill these puppies up.

The inside cover has a slim double slider.  I enjoy double sliders because they're quick and easy to make, add interest and have a fairly slender profile that can fit in anywhere.  Here you can see it in closed position:

And here you can see it in open position.

Overall these albums are fairly slim but full of color and fun and, I was startled to discover, capable of holding 30 pics each!


Tomorrow I'll post pics of my second submission.  Until then, do something creative and enjoy life!