Monday, September 10, 2012

Easy mosaic card for a great cause!


 I recently heard of Operation Write Home, and felt the mosaic theme would lend itself perfectly for an abstract card design. Operation Write Home is a non-profit organization that provides blank handmade cards to soldiers overseas, so they can write home. After visiting their website operationwritehome.org and reading their guidelines, I decided this easy and dimentional theme was perfect!

First, I took a basic A2 card and colored the pattern I wanted to follow with some markers.
 

Then I chose coordinating paper from the huge EP stack purchased from CC. 
I also gathered random bling flowers I’ve collected over the years (and never know how to use). I felt they’d make great ‘tile’ accents to my mosaic.
 
And the free Operation Write Home rubber stamp. (Just visit their website and ask for one, they mail it to you free)  It comes unmounted, but I have a dollar spot acrylic mounting block, so I glued it on for a permanent stamp.
 
Finally I glued everything onto the basic pattern I’d already drawn, and stamped Operation Write Home on the back. I created a few more cards while I was at it, and will mail them all at once to OWH headquarters so they can be shipped overseas to the men and women who will use them.